At Slices Concession, we have worked with Taylor machines for over 10 years. Taylor Company has served ice cream shops since 1926. Their ice cream machines are well known and used all across the world. They do business in over 125 countries. There are other high-quality manufacturers such as Electro Freeze, Carpigiani, and Stoelting. That being said, there are pros and cons to each of these brands. Let’s take a closer look at Taylor Company:
As mentioned above, Taylor Company has been in the industry since 1926. This means that most people, especially customers, are familiar with the brand name. Frozen yogurt, custard, gelato, ice cream, you name it and they have a machine that makes it. This is beneficial because customers are comfortable and familiar with the brand name.
Located in Illinois, Taylor Company machines are built in the USA. Meaning that the machine is high quality and long lasting. Most machines will last for 20+ years.
- Taylor machines have one, central high-operating motor. Foreign made machines sometimes have two or three smaller, less efficient motors.
- Taylor parts are relatively easy to find online and universal for many different machines.
- Taylor motors dispense almost immediately, meaning you can get the right speed of yogurt flow. Helping you and or your customer's from spilling and wasting product.
- As soon as the operator/owner dials the settings in, it will produce high quality frozen beverages.
Because the machines are made with such high quality, the product consistency is also high. This is very important. For example, if you are a high-end yogurt cafe, you need to ensure your product maintains its high product quality and consistency. However, we know this is not always the case. After a certain number of years and operating, things do go wrong. Some common problems may include poor mixing processes, worn scraper blades, or an uneven temperature.
Because the Taylor machines have a high quality standard, the machines can be quite expensive. For example, a new Taylor 794(one of the most popular Soft Serve Freezer's) can cost upwards of 15 thousand dollars. In addition, there is the cost of parts, service, and distribution.
Taylor Company wants you to continue using their services after your purchase. There is a warranty of usually up to two years. However, after that time(which is not very long, these machines work great the first few years), you are responsible for covering the cost. If you are trying to save money on start up costs, it should definitely be something to consider.
When your machine breaks down, it is imperative you get it running asap. Especially when it is your peak season. At Slices Concession, we have heard time and again how long it sometimes takes for a technician to service your machine. Many Taylor distributors operate in a couple of different states.
So what should you do?
At the end of the day, Taylor machines are great. When the machine is operating efficiently, you will get a high quality product. That being said, it is important to be mindful of cost and time. It will always be a trade-off between appearance, quality, and cost.
Regardless of which way you lean towards, Slices Concession sells premium quality, used Ice Cream Machines. Feel free to check out our selection and blog for more. We are the Ice Cream Equipment Specialists.
Share this post
- Tags: batch freezer, carpigiani, electro freeze, Emery Thompson, Froyo, frozen, Frozen Beverage, Frozen Dessert, Frozen Drink, Frozen Lemonade, frozen yogurt, gelato, ice cream, italian ice, Margaritas, Pasteurizer, slices concession, Slushie, soft serve, sorbet, stoelting, taylor, techno gel