Finding quality information about soft serve machines is difficult, especially when you are just starting out. This post will answer many FAQ's when deciding which machine is best for your shop.
Before exploring the different machine options, consider the following:
- What type of product you want to sell
- What technology or controls over the product you need
- How much space you have to work with in your restaurant or venue
- What is your projected sales/demand
Ice Cream Machine Options:
One of the benefits of an air cooled machine is that you can put it any place in the store because it doesn't need a water hook up. Although the water cooled machine needs the water hook up, it can store a lot more energy to freeze the ice cream faster. Air cooled machines are also best used in a room with good air conditioning but a water cooled machine can be placed in a warm environment & still perform very well.
2. Counter (Table) Top vs Free (Floor) Standing
After you figure out your expected sales/demand, you can decide between a countertop unit or a free standing machine. A counter top is useful for low volume sales. For example, convenience stores, small restaurants, and food trucks are good for the counter. Whereas free standing machines are for high volume sales. In addition, free standing units take up more space.
3. Flavor Options
Some machines only serve 1 flavor. Other units serve 2 flavors with a "swirl" option, a combo of the two flavors. If the ice cream you plan on serving is meant to be complimentary, we recommend purchasing a single flavor machine.
For example: If you own a Mexican restaurant that sells Mexican food, your customers do not come to the venue mainly for ice cream but for main dishes & some dessert. In this case it is best to have a single flavor option.
However, if you own a Gelato store or Ice Cream shop, where your main product is a frozen beverage, then you should invest in a machine that has multiple flavor options.
Pressure fed machines are recommended for high volume production because it makes more product due to the amount of air forced into the mix. Gravity fed machines are less expensive, easier to use & clean but pressurized machines can control the overrun air much more efficiently.
5. Machine Technology
One necessary control feature you should consider is the mix alarm. The alarm buzzes or beeps when the mix level in the machine is below a certain point. This is very useful technology. For example, if the product mix is too low, then it can freeze and damage the blades in the machine.
Why We Are The Best Equipment Suppliers In The Nation
- Before buying & before shipping a machine to you, we perform detailed 22 point inspections to ensure machines are functioning above expectations
- We invite you to come in person or send one of your trusted technicians to test out & see how our machines work
- We supply you with Information & training from our 5+ years of quality Ice Cream shop management experience as well as experience from helping hundreds of different venues succeed with our machines
- We make sure to listen to your needs so we can meet & exceed your expectations
Call us at 352-262-9627 for more information or check out our catalog.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: batch freezer, carpigiani, electro freeze, emery thompson, For sale, froyo, frozen, frozen beverage, frozen beverage machine, frozen custard, Frozen Dessert, frozen drink, frozen lemonade, Frozen Margarita, frozen treat, frozen yogurt, gelato, ice cream, italian ice, Margaritas, Pasteurizer, slices concession, Slushie, soft serve, sorbet, stoelting, taylor, technogel